Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

Random

Random is the word to describe a lot about my life right now: randomly deciding to post on my blog. Randomly deciding when to work. Randomly choosing to go on a random vacation to a random country. Yes, random really is the most perfect adjective for my life.

While taking my random vacation (10 whole days off!) to a random country (Nicaragua) I got a not-so-random illness. No, I didn't drink the water, but I did manage to catch a nasty cold/flu/infection of some kind. And, of course, it happened on my first full day away from home. Being sick definitely put a damper on my trip, but the tropical depression that settled in over much of Central America and the rain that came along with it--the likes of which I've never seen before--took care of the rest. I was there visiting a good friend from college who has a beautiful house featuring all the comforts of home, including air conditioning, high speed Internet and cable TV so all was not lost, just somewhat washed away with the rain.

I can't really say that Nicaragua was on the top of my list of places to visit, but I can honestly say now that I'm SO glad I went and not just because the rum is the best I've ever tasted. The few pictures I managed to snap during the rain breaks are posted on my Flickr page, so check 'em out if you get a chance.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]