Thursday, June 07, 2007

 

Tragedy

Last night my dear friend Jen's youngest brother was killed in a motorcycle accident. I found out this morning and haven't stopped thinking about it since. Jen is from a pretty tight-knit family and while she and her brother were very different people they were close. In fact, Jen was very mother-like to him-- I can not begin to imagine how she must feel. When I finally talked to her this afternoon she sounded completely normal, like nothing was wrong, like nothing had happened. She said she felt like she was in a dream and that she was all business, trying to get everything taken care of and wrapped up, as she always does. I'm leaving for New York tomorrow and am feeling almost guilty that I'm not going to be here for her over the weekend. Not that there's really anything I can do, or that she'd let me if there were. Please keep Jen and her family in your thoughts.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]