Sunday, May 13, 2007

 

Column

Thanks to a co-worker I have recently become obsessed with Michael Riedel's column in the New York Post; Wednesdays and Fridays. Though I ordinarily avoid any media that's owned by Rupert Murdoch I feel as though because I read the column online I'm not really supporting him, or anything he stands for and because I don't click on any of the banner ads I'm not supporting the advertisers who choose to support him either. Anyhoo...all that aside, Reidel's columns are at least entertaining--in a sardonic David Sedaris kind of way--and are frequently quite insightful, as well. As I read the column I frequently find myself thinking that writing a column about theatre is totally something I could do...and do pretty well. Perhaps that should be my next career goal: writing a column about theatre, exclusively.

Initially, when I started this blog, I'd thought that I'd write on theatre-related items more than I do (hence the URL), but when it came down to it I realized that that's not exactly the most effective way to spend my free time. Afterall, I spend 40+ hours per week working on theatre, coming home and spending my spare time writing about theatre might not be the healthiest idea I've ever had, I suppose. But, still... every Wednesday morning I open up that webpage and I think about what I would write about if I were Michael Reidel and if I had the resources of a daily paper at my fingertips and it's never about what Michael Reidel chooses to write. Still, while I doubt I'll ever write a strictly theatre-themed column, I do wonder about my ability to write a column, in general. Perhaps a daily column is something I'm incapable of, as I've clearly not been able to keep up with my blog, but maybe a weekly? Or maybe I'm not as interesting as I think I am, and I'd better just stick to blogger and entertaining the online voyeurs who come to take a glimpse into my life.

Comments:
Ohhh I don't like him. At all. I think you would be an awesome columnist. You have the skills and the interest. :) You'd be much better than HIM. Can I hear an amen!?
 
I LOVE him... so much so that, I'm slightly obsessed with him right now.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]