Wednesday, April 11, 2007

 

Minnesota

Just got home from a quick business trip to see "Edward Scissorhands" and do some interviews at the Ordway Center in St. Paul, MN. I've been to Minneapolis once, but I was very young and don't really remember it. I'd never been to St. Paul... I'll probably never go again. The Ordway is gorgeous, a remarkable facility, and we stayed in a lovely hotel, but I went for a walk last night after the show, thinking I might stop and have a drink while I was in the situation where I could do so without feeling guilty for having to drive or anything and the city was dead--I mean DEAD--by 10 PM. Not even a restaurant open in the 'hood, except in the hotel. The bartender in the hotel restaurant makes a mean cosmo, though, so it all worked out!

I'd promise more of an update on the trip, but there's really not much more to tell, so this will have to suffice. I will add that I got to charge a $165 meal on my credit card, for which I'll be reimbursed, which was empowering. If you ever have the chance, I highly recommend it!

p.s. "Edward Scissorhands" is incredible; if you have a chance get out to see it. Maybe more of my thoughts on the show will be the topic of tomorrow's post...I try not to preach about our shows, but this might need to be an exception.

Comments:
i'll be going to edward scissorhands. did you recommend my blog to their promotion company?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]