Sunday, April 15, 2007

 

80

I went to high school in Washington State, upon which I shall blame my obsession with Birkenstocks. I did manage to give up the wool socks and sandals look when I moved to California, but I do own several pairs of closed toed shoes for wintertime wear and live for summer when the Milano sandals can be broken out and worn on a daily basis.

While it's tempting for me to break out the Birks at the first sight of warm weather it's always important to remember that this is Colorado and the weather can change quickly and dramatically, which is why I had to institute the "80 degree rule." Five or six years ago I made up this rule, that it had to hit 80 degrees in Denver once before I was allowed to wear sandals. Sure, I wear flip flops around the house, but to break out the beloved Birkenstocks it had to hit 80. If it was 60 degrees the next day I could still wear them as long as the magic number had been hit.

I thought that today might be my lucky day for 2007, but sadly it fell a few degrees short and thus I am destined to socks and sneakers for a few more days. On the bright side: this at least gives me a reason to look forward to summer and the warmer weather.

Comments:
ha, great rule! you just never know. your feet can get used to being open and smelling the fresh air, and then WHAM! you get hit with a snowstorm. Gotcha!
i have a similar but opposite rule. I will wear shorts all through summer and fall until the first significant snowfall (ie. 2-4 inches). then i HAVE to act my age and wear pants until Spring when it has been 65 for three days in a row. go figure!

p.s. yep, diapers in Dec.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]