Saturday, December 16, 2006

 

Little

About a year ago I heard someone at work talking about a show on TLC called "Little People Big World." It chronicles the life of a family of little people (well half of them are, anyway) living and working and raising their children on their farm in Oregon. Sounds like a pretty simple premise and I wondered how it could be *that* interesting, but I started watching it, nonetheless, and was pretty much hooked instantly. In this year of disappointing television shows I've found that it's the only show I pull off of Tivo in a timely fashion. At so many times I feel like I'm a part of the Roloff family.

In October I saw a story on one of the many websites I read daily that Jacob Roloff (the family's youngest member) was injured in an accident involving a trebuchet during pumpkin season. Since it's a reality show, there is a lag in shows hitting the air, so I knew it'd be awhile before we saw "that episode" and then the story got so much media attention that I wondered if they'd even show that as a part of the storyline, or if they'd gloss over it all-together.

Today there was a "Little People Big World" marathon followed by the season finale. At the end of the show they were teasing the new season with a two minute clip from the next episode. It was very dramatic camera work, crafty editing and that faint, haunting heartbeat in the background. Everyone who watches the show knew exactly what was coming next, because we all know about "the incident" and then it went to black and said "Coming Next March." MARCH?! You're going to make us wait 'til March to see a story about something that happened in October?! This is so distressing to me. The only two shows I watch anymore with any sort of regularity are both over for the season and I'm despressed. I guess I'll just need to get caught up on movies in time to win the big Oscar pool this year.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]