Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Coming

Somehow during last week's blizzard I managed to settle down and start having fun with being stuck at home. Afterall, those are the kinds of days you wait for living here. When you are forced to stay in with only "blizzard food"-- food you never let yourself buy under any other circumstance (in my case Oreo's and Pillsbury Toaster Strudel)-- and enjoy the sanctity of home. Where all you can do is read or watch TV or surf the 'Net and you don't feel guilty about sitting on your ass for 12 hours in between the times you're sleeping. It's good fun and it doesn't happen enough. Somehow amidst the fear of losing electricity, or worrying that the roof was going to cave in, or wondering how the hell I would ever get my car out of the alley I settled in to my cozy home and began to love being snowbound. Getting back to reality wasn't so hard, because it was only one week day and then a four day holiday, but tonight as I got ready to go back to work: finishing laundry and attempting to tuck myself in early after watching the 10:00 news, I find myself anxious and nervous and yet somehow excited all over again.

It seems that after getting blasted with a mere two feet of snow last Wednesday and Thursday wasn't enough and so Mother Nature has decided to send another whopper of a storm in our direction. Nick Carter on 9 News is not comfortable predicting snow totals at this point, but another station is reporting accumulations in the 8"-12" range. That in and of itself might be bearable and not so bad, but that on top of what is currently on the ground could wind up being pretty rough. And so, tonight instead of sleeping I'm making a mental list of what provisions should be bought tomorrow at the grocery store in preparation for what just might be the "Great New Year's Blizzard of '07" and hoping the predictions are false. Couldn't we just save up this storm and have it in maybe March or April when there aren't free days off looming already?

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]