Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Insomnia

Since I got home from Seattle on Sunday evening I've had a hard time sleeping. After three nights of being up until after 3 am and being up by 7:30 am I figured I needed to do whatever I had to do to get some sleep last night.

A couple months ago I heard a story on the radio about how if you put socks on kids' feet when they go to bed they fall asleep more quickly. A couple of the hosts of the show tried this for a few nights and determined that it was true for them too. So I figured, ah what the heck, and gave it a try. I used to wear socks to sleep all the time, but at some point abandoned the practice. After last night's experience I must admit that I will be a loyal sock-wearing sleeper from here on out. I fell asleep in less than ten minutes and didn't wake up until the first alarm at 7:15.

I know a lot of people who are fans of "the PM's": Tylenol PM, Advil PM, Lunesta, Ambien and I will be recommending the sock trick to them. It could be a pleasant surprise.

Comments:
i personally can't do the sock thing. i can't fall asleep with socks on my feet. i end up ripping them off cause they frustrate me. i do the simply sleep thing (over the counter sleeping aid by tylenol) or i meditate. speaking of simply sleep....

zzzzzzzzzz
 
I often wear socks to bed but then get hot, kick them off and end up cold and awake. I'm all for a little PM self-medicating. :-)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]