Thursday, September 21, 2006

 

Risk

I'll be honest, I'm not good at risk-taking and while ultimately I deal with change very well I'm also happy to admit that I prefer to stay in my little bubble of comfort. So, that said, it can be very hard to take risks, even if the direct result could be something I really want. I don't like being uncomfortable, I don't like that little flip my stomach does, I don't like it when my palms sweat or my fingers shake, I just like feeling normal and comfortable. So, when I do take a risk, when I jump off the cliff, I rarely get over the negative side of those things to see the good, making it all the more difficult to take a risk again in the future.

Last night I took a risk. The potential outcome could've been very good, or pretty embarrassing--even devastating if one would let it be. I was somehow able to see past the bad stuff and on to the good stuff in order to make myself do it. Just seven hours later, everything has already come to a head (I love quick resolutions) and while I'm feeling slightly mortified I also feel much better. Mostly, I'm just proud of myself. Taking the risk, jumping off the cliff, was hard--maybe one of the hardest things I've ever done---but ultimately I think it'll be one of the things I'll always look back on and be glad I did it. Even more than that, I hope I can remember this almost euphoric feeling the next time I'm faced with whether or not to venture outside the comfort zone.

Comments:
I'm proud of you! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]