Sunday, September 10, 2006

 

Football

Another sure-fire sign that summer is coming to an end is the onset of Football season. Today is the Broncos first regular season game. I'm sure many of you are saying, "who cares?" and deep inside I probably agree with you, but there's something about Broncos football that brings out a sense of nostalgia that I can't ignore. I've never really understood football, but at some point last year I became obsessed with the sport; I didn't miss a single Bronco game during the '05-'06 season and I am beyond excited about the season that starts for us this morning, right now, as we take on St. Louis.

Home games are, of course, much more exciting since I live a mere 15 blocks from the stadium and can on occasion hear the roar of the crowd from my backyard. I have to admit, however, I'm glad today they are away as I have to work for a couple hours this afternoon and will appreciate not having the traffic delays, plus today is the only 11:00 game of the season, meaning I can actually get in an hour or so of watching before I must bolt downtown to attend to the show that wouldn't die. I think I've decided that a post on the topic of said show must be posted, so stay-tuned that will be coming soon. In the meantime, GO BRONCOS!

12:28 PM, Update:
We're not off to a good start. It's :29 to the half and I have to leave for work. OOOHHH...just as I was typing that we got a touchdown...maybe we can pull this off afterall!

Update:
We lost. But, lest we forget, we lost the season opener last year, too. Looking foward to KC next week at home!

Comments:
Blah football. And here I thought you'd be my mate till all this nonsense was over in January. But nooooooo....
 
Sorry, my friend, but there are some things about being a Denver native that you just can't deny! :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]