Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Weird

This has been a weird week. A lot of family stuff going on:

Gramma went home from the hospital and then was sent to rehab about 24 hours later. She's lost 45 pounds in seven weeks; 15 of those were in the last week alone...while she was in the hospital. But, of course, they can't really find anything wrong with her, which is frustrating. She's old, but she doesn't deserve to be in pain and she deserves medical care where they'll try to find out what's wrong. The protective "mama bear" side of me is about to rear it's ugly head.

Mark is doing much better; thanks to everyone who asked. Sounds like blowing those clots was actually a good thing and he's started healing much better since then.

Mom is in town for about a week and is staying with me, which I love, but does change my schedule and makes me think more about what I'm doing... I have to plan more, which is not a bad thing, it's just different from what I'm used to.

There's also the minor topic of a sibling of mine, who is quite difficult. I don't really feel like I can get into it on my blog, but it's adding pressure to the already stressed family dynamic.

Work has also been weird this week. I nearly burst into tears during a conference call on Wednesday, which, quite frankly, is very unlike me. I've got to pull it together and get shit done.

On the positive side: I'm really looking forward to the next few weeks. I have mom here until Tuesday, then on Saturday my friend, Angela will be visiting for a few days. Then, two short days later I begin a ten day vacation. I've NEVER taken that much time off from a job before and while it's a little scary I also think it's much needed. Once I return from four days in beautiful Spokane for my reunion I'm hoping to jet off to New York for a couple of days of intense show-watching.

I'm sorry this post is so scattered, but I felt it important to update, since I haven't in a few days. Hopefully they'll get better in the days to come.

Comments:
COME TO NEW YORK COME TO NEW YORK!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]