Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 

PHAMALy x 2

Something sort of funny happened today. It struck me in such a way that I feel compelled to write about this again.

Last Friday night I saw PHAMALy's production of "The Wiz." I loved the show, of course, but who wouldn't? I posted about it on here thinking that my normal two readers would see it and perhaps go with me when I see it again on Monday's Industry Night. But, I got something I didn't bargain for. One of the PHAMALy company members, Kathleen, found my blog (how I don't know, because I have googled myself a gagillion times looking for my blog and I can't even find it), but she's pretty savvy, because she found it. :) Apparently she passed it along to some other company members, because it wasn't long before I got the e-mail alert that I had another new comment. It was from the darling Juliet Villa. There were both very gracious and thankful to me for posting my reactions to the show, which was awfully nice of them (and completely unnecessary). I'm wondering how many other members of the PHAMALy company found their way to my site today, because this morning when I checked my trusty counter from Cyber Counter shot up from 130 to 240 (only three of those are me checking it out myself).

At any rate, PHAMALy members: thanks for checking out the site; I love the show. And everyone else: GO SEE THE SHOW!

Comments:
Molly,
You’re great! Reading your blogs makes me wish I’d met you in person at the show! You express yourself very well. And as Juliet said, you make me laugh.
I hope we’ll see you at Our Town in January! And be sure to find me and introduce yourself.
BTW If you search “PHAMALy Wiz” long enough, you get to your blog.
Kathleen
 
Hey Molly,

hope you don't mind, but due to Kathleen's brilliance in finding you, I linked to your post on the PHAMALy website under "Wiz media coverage" - http://www.phamaly.org/Wiz2006/media.html

-Ali Zimmerman, PHAMALy Webmaster & Vice Chairperson
 
Hi Molly-

This is Regan Linton, the Tingirl from PHAMALy's production of "The Wiz." I just wanted to thank you so much for you kind comments, and for the love and appreciation you express for PHAMALy's cast members in your writing. We are sure having a great time with the show, and even though I am sure we would still have a great time regardless of how the audience receives the show, it sure adds a whole lot of icing to the cake to hear from people like you about what the show meant to you. So thank you, and I hope you enjoy the show on Monday as much as you enjoyed it on Friday! Take care!!!
 
Count me in as one of your loyal 3 :) I've been lurking about.
 
Hi Molly,
I'm the production manager for PHAMALy and have worked with the company since '93. Thanks so much for your great comments on our wonderful company. It is truly a blessing for me to have them in my life.

I hoped you enjoyed the show last night - what an incredible audience. Industry night is always an uplifting experience for our actors. I'm glad you were there to enjoy it.

All the best,
Melanie Mayner
PHAMALy Production & Marketing Manager
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]