Friday, July 07, 2006

 

Keith Olbermann

I'm sure that many of you out there (like two of you) are fans of "The Daily Show" with Jon Stewart, as am I, but does anyone watch or even know who Keith Olbermann is?

He's the radical host of "Countdown" with Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, host of one my new favorite shows.

As most everyone knows, I'm a media whore. I love all things media-related, though I've admittedly really moved away from reading newspapers in recent years. Keith Olbermann's take on the nation's top news stories are on par with my views, most of the time. He's bitingly funny with his tongue in cheek comments on President Bush and his Washington cohorts. He attacks "American Idol" contestants and Britney Spears' lifestyle with the same vorocity and ends each show in the stoic words of Edward R. Murrow, "good night and good luck." He also gives us a nightly tick of the days since the declaration of mission accomplished in Iraq. He's not shy about his love of sports or his disgust of how we're handling the war on terror and while you may disagree with either of these viewpoints, you sort of have to give him credit for getting out there and say what he thinks in relation to the days top stories without making any secret of his political leanings. At least when I tune-in I know what I'm going to get, just as I would when hitting up Fox News.

Because I'm an entertainment kind of a girl I particularly enjoy the show when Keith invites Michael Musto of the Village Voice to give his take on the top entertainment stories of the day. His sardonic sense of humor is worth far more than the price of admission and, luckily for us, he stops by quite frequently.

"Countdown" with Keith Olbermann airs nightly on MSNBC (Comcast channel 65) at 6 & 10 PM MST, and is rerun the following morning at 7 AM.

Comments:
that sounds like something i'd read promoting the show. good job!

but seriously, i've liked keith olbermann since his days at sportscenter.
 
I don't have cable and this was actually the first Olbermann I had seen (via YouTube). The logic part of my brain is buzzing with happiness.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]